The Presidents UFO Website
     
Home The Canadian Cover-up Saucer Hunt Called Off
Saucer Hunt Called Off PDF Print E-mail
Written by The Montreal Star   
Tuesday, 31 August 1954 06:00

The Montreal Star, August 31, 1954

OTTAWA, Aug. 31 -- (CP) -- The transport Department had given up its efforts to prove or disprove the existence of flying saucers.

J. R. Baldwin, Deputy Minister of Transport, announced yesterday that the flying saucer sighting station at Shirley Bay, 10 miles north-west of Ottawa, has been closed.

"We decided that nothing so far has come out of the station's operations to merit further expenditures of government time on it," he said.

Wilbert B. Smith, engineer in charge of the broadcast and measurement section of the Transport Department, said the station had sighted nothing since he built it last October.

 

presidential-ufo-logo

Register here to receive the latest exclusive research, information and media updates directly from Grant Cameron.

 

   

 

Document Downloads

Please Donate

We depend on your donations. Thank you.
Banner

Silver Screen Saucers